Osirus of this S**t
    Last Online
    12-26-2011 @ 07:08 PM
    ge
    Thanks

2008 Ss/tc FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

What makes this an SS model?

The 2008 Cobalt SS was engineered by GM Performance Division and is the second Chevrolet model since the Performance Division was charged with overseeing all the “go, stop and turn” requirements demanded by any new vehicle that wears the SS badge.

How does it handle?

The Cobalt SS was engineered to offer more than simply increased power. An all-new FE5 Sport suspension was developed and tuned at Germany’s famed Nurburgring racing circuit. This suspension includes a specific stabilizer bar, special gas-charged struts with unique spring rates and damper tuning. Consequently, the Cobalt SS delivers a lateral grip of 0.90 g. The brake system is enhanced with four-wheel ABS disc system and StabiliTrak® electronically controlled stability control system -- all standard. Steering is tuned to match the SS’s handling.

Is it fast?
    Yes. It can go from 0-60 in 5.7 seconds and is over 160 mph fast. This Cobalt SS is so fast, it just broke the single lap record at the Nurburgring in Germany.

Can I get the Cobalt SS with an automatic transmission? What is the drive ratio?

No. The standard transmission is the high-performance, short-throw 5-speed manual. The drive ratio is 3.82:1.

Does the Cobalt SS have any unique exterior features?

Yes. From a new front fascia with front projector-beam fog lamps, to mesh-style upper and lower grilles. rear spoiler, special SS badges, 18" aluminum wheels/tires

What about the interior? Is it different as well?
    The SS interior is includes SS-embroidered sport seats with suede-like UltraLux inserts, a special gauge cluster, a pillar mounted turbo boost gauge and a special short throw-shifter.

I hear the Cobalt SS has a “no lift shift” feature. What is that?
    “No lift shift” allows the driver to shift the manual transmission without taking your foot off the accelerator. This segment-exclusive feature allows for the lightening-fast 5.7 second 0-60 time.

Can I get OnStar® and XM® Satellite Radio?

Yes, OnStar and XM will be available.

What are the fuel economy ratings for the Cobalt SS?
    Cobalt SS will join the 30 MPG Club (30 hwy/22 city). With 260 hp and a 0-60 mph time of 5.7 seconds, this is quite an accomplishment for a performance vehicle of this caliber. The Dodge Caliber SRT-4 with 285 hp (26 mpg), Honda Civic Si with 197 hp (29 mpg), MazdaSpeed 3 with 263 hp (26 mpg) and Volkswagen GTI with 200 hp (29 mpg) all lag behind the Cobalt's 30 MPG highway fuel economy number.

What safety features are available?
    The Cobalt comes standard anti-lock brakes, driver and front-passenger air bags with the Passenger Sensing System, the StabiliTrak® control system and Onstar.

When will vehicles begin to arrive at the dealerships?
    The Cobalt SS is scheduled to begin arriving in dealerships in the second quarter of 2008.

What is the competitive set for the Cobalt SS?
    The Cobalt SS will compete with the Honda Civic Si, MazdaSpeed3, Volkswagen GTI and MINI Cooper S.

Is there preliminary pricing for the Cobalt SS?
    Pricing is not available at this time.

What are the production estimates for the Cobalt SS?
    The initial production forecast is for 10,000 units annually.

How can I get more information on the Cobalt SS?
    Stay tuned to chevrolet.com, chevynation.com for information and updates.

The Cobalt SS:

Is a great value, priced thousands less than the competition, with unexpected features that aren’t offered by the competitors
    Offers unique features in the Compact segment -- Standard OnStar and XM Satellite Radio
    Comes with a standard 60/40 flip-and-fold rear seat that creates a large cargo space when your lifestyle requires a change from people-carrying to cargo-carrying
    Is a Global GM product designed to be driven confidently on a variety of roads all over the world, including the German autobahn
    Offers improved fuel economy and gets up to 30 mpg on the highway.
    Has an all-new 2.0L ECOTEC ® I-4 engine with 260 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque – great acceleration, goes 0-60 in 5.7 seconds.
    Incorporates an all-new exterior design that is distinctively sporty and sure to get attention

Copyright © 2007 General Motors Corporation
    I know stuff about ECOTECS

Featured Member #002

2. Top | #2
    Enuff_Said
    great write up...this is prolly the first cobalt LNF thread that ACTUALLY has technical data on it.

+ rep...

3. Top | #3
    Last Online
    04-19-2011 @ 11:46 AM
    ge
    Thanks
    LOL it's not a write up, it is in the dealer database, I have the print out at home from my dealer...but good info nonetheless

4. Top | #4
    Osirus of this S**t
    Last Online
    ge
    Thanks
    LOL it's not a write up, it is in the dealer database, I have the print out at home from my dealer...but good info nonetheless
    steddy2112 Quoted Post
    Doesnt matter who has it or where it comes from, but that it gets out there. And it was on CSS and here before anywhere.
    I know stuff about ECOTECS

Featured Member #002

5. Top | #5
    Last Online
    04-19-2011 @ 11:46 AM
    ge
    Thanks
    You>Me for making a thread, I was going to...but yeah...I am pretty lazy

6. Top | #6
    Osirus of this S**t
    Last Online