Good post. Thanks Senior Penny.

2. Top | #14
    Administrator
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ecocav04 Wii Code: ecocav04
    how well do you think the triflow cams at stock timing would work with the gm supercharger?

3. Top | #15
    Authorized Vendor
    Last Online
    02-01-2015 @ 12:24 AM
    Thanks
    how well do you think the triflow cams at stock timing would work with the gm supercharger?
    cheesecake Quoted Post
    We've had really good results with them, in all applications. The TriFlows are an interesting cam to say the least. Originally we developed a large NA profile for the jbody Ecotecs. What ended up happening was there were signifigant changes in the ecu programming in 04 and up. This resulted in misfire codes due to the lope at idle. As a solution we decided to try out something that has had great success in road racing applications.

In an engine with 4 valves per cylinder typically both cam lobes are ground to the same profile. With the TroFlow cams the intake cam actually uses two seperate profiles with different lift, duration and LDA. Becasue initially only a single valve opens this results in higher vacuum and a greater intake charge at low rpm. But becasue the second profile is still a large lift and long duration profile you get the benifits of a large cam in the upper rpm. The upper rpm gains are only about 90% of what you would see if both profiles were the same, but the gains in the low-mid range more then make up for this, and create a much more drivable performance cam. The other benifit is that because to sequencing of the valves creates more vacuum there is less need to run greater overlap for tha scavenging effect, this is why the TriFlow cams are a great performance cam for all applications. Like any cam there is room for improvment with the right timing for each application, but they are a great starting point for a daily driver.

I've run more cams then I can remember in my personaly car, and the TriFlows were by far the best. I did degree them aggressivly (as I do with all my cams) to get the most out of them, but when I switched to a larger "Turbo" profile I was spooling up almost 400 rpm later. The larger cams had a little more top end, but it was taking me longer to get there, and 3200-5400 rpm where I do most of my driving, just didn't pull as hard.

4. Top | #16
    Administrator
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ecocav04 Wii Code: ecocav04
    cool thanks for the fast response

5. Top | #17
    Forum Participator
    Last Online
    05-15-2007 @ 12:13 AM
    Thanks
    This is very good to know.
    When I get to the point of building my engine; pistons, rods, cams, and cam gears, I will be very prepared.

This is very good info! Well written and easy to read and understand. I can't wait to get to this point. I will be boosted soon, just waiting for the turbo kit to come!

It's the same kit that Kevin from Speed Mafia put on in a Cobalt LS and dynoed 212WHP @ 8psi!
    Last edited by Cinpro; 06-20-2009 at 07:02 PM.
    -Trevor-

Pics and Mods:
    Ionjentzsch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12