Thread: Saab LK9 Identification

1. Top | #1
    Forum Newbie
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM
    Thanks

Saab LK9 Identification

Picking up a Saab LK9 motor this weekend and was wondering if anybody could enlighten me on some quick identifiers as I’m new to the ecotec world. Block/head casting numbers etc. what are the tell tale characteristics of the LK9?

Any/all info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Top | #2
    Old Dirty Dog Member
    Last Online
    01-14-2018 @ 09:12 AM
    Thanks
    That is it the 2.0L turbo engine out of a 2003+ Saab 9-3. The cam cover will look exactly like the cam cover for the supercharged engine in the Cobalts. IIRC if there is a lower case "t" on the trunk(2.0t) it will have the lower pressure turbo on it and if it has an upper case "T"(2.0T) then it will be the higher pressure turbo. It isn't like a Gen 1 SBC were they changed a bunch of stuff over the years. Valve size, compression ratio, block/head casting, etc are all the same.

L61/TVS - 3.1", LS1 tb, RD Fabs header, 63#, HPT

3. Top | #3
    Forum Newbie
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply Tinkles. The motor is out of the car already so I won’t have the opportunity to check the badges. I ‘knew’ from reading that the Saab LK9 is similar to the LSJ, save the supercharger (and obv corresponding parts), just didn’t know if there was a telltale identifier for a newb to look for when buying an LK9 that’s sitting on the floor and not installed in a vehicle.
    Looks like the guy can’t meet up today, so I have another day to study pics! ����