Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why so rich?

1. Top | #13
    Forum Newbie
    Last Online
    11-26-2017 @ 08:41 AM
    Thanks
    Does a melted cat = a blocked cat? From what i know, if a cat is done for the car is going to have poor power, and eventually may not even go anymore. The downstream o2 is there to monitor cat efficiency, it doesnt affect fuel trim numbers or anything.. that i know of anyway

2. Top | #14
    Osirus of this S**t
    Last Online
    12-08-2017 @ 07:57 PM
    Thanks
    Well it should be just clogged right now and could get worse later. You could leave it alone for now and keep an eye on it. Its best to change it out before it gets bad, but it will not hurt the engine.
    More humans=more problems
    Don't worry nothing will be done until it's too late, there is money to be made.
    Maximum profit and overpopulation will ruin all the major economies.

3. Top | #15
    Forum Newbie
    Last Online
    11-26-2017 @ 08:41 AM
    Thanks
    Isn't clogged the worst it can get, as in wouldn't a clogged cat mean no exhaust can pass through it? That exhaust would have to go somewhere and if backwards is the only way the engine would take the grunt of it. I picture seals blowing out or temps warping the head or something. Not to mention not being able drive with much power.

I'm not disagreeing, I'm just asking so I can learn all the ins and outs of why and how it all works. Basic fundamentals aside, i dont know much about the exhaust system, but I'd definitely like to.

4. Top | #16
    Osirus of this S**t
    Last Online
    12-08-2017 @ 07:57 PM
    Thanks
    Just like a filter there are different "levels" of clogging. The final level is a car that won't start.
    Sometimes the media has a hot spots and cracks in that area. Leading to a blockage. This can be tested by just banging on the cat, you will hear a rattle or clunking.
    More humans=more problems
    Don't worry nothing will be done until it's too late, there is money to be made.
    Maximum profit and overpopulation will ruin all the major economies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12