Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evilution in 2013: Will I finally finish this money pit?!?!

1. Top | #13
    Forum Newbie
    Last Online
    06-28-2015 @ 10:44 AM
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JRoc1 360
    You like how those Tein SS's ride? Im looking for a coil-over set up right now and i use to have a set of Koni yellows on some Gc and they road pretty rough. Was going to go Koni yellows with some lowering springs but i like to be able to adjust the height for the winter's here in Wisconsin.

2. Top | #14
    Old Dirty Dog Member
    Last Online
    11-13-2014 @ 08:30 AM
    Thanks
    You like how those Tein SS's ride? Im looking for a coil-over set up right now and i use to have a set of Koni yellows on some Gc and they road pretty rough. Was going to go Koni yellows with some lowering springs but i like to be able to adjust the height for the winter's here in Wisconsin.
    Scottie_D Quoted Post
    I love the Teins. I had Koni Reds/Ground Controls and these are a world of difference. I like to think that the Teins on their harshest setting are 10x better than the Konis on their best setting. I'm also sitting just a bit higher than I was on the Koni's, so that obviously helps the ride as well.
    I was torn between these and BC Coilovers when I was still planning on buying new, but then these came along with a deal I couldn't refuse and that pretty much decided that. The one thing I really do like about the BC's over these is that they offer Swift spring upgrades, which IMO are excellent springs. The BC's are also rebuildable, so it's as easy as swapping out a lower cartridge at home, as opposed to having to send the whole unit back to Tein for a rebuild.
    The Tein's are just a little stiff, but I think it's to be expected from most coilovers (aside from ones with dual height adjustment). You may want to check out the BC's, they are in the same price range as the Tein SS's. I'd say both are great setups, just a matter of preference: http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.ph...2&t=160182&p=4

In other news, not much progress around here. My buddy has been stripping down his Del Sol that was once a show car and returning it to DD status since his STI's gas tank is killing his wallet, so I've spent alot of the last week painting some body panels for him and getting that together. Also picked up another '04 Cav from a fellow KGM member to replace the '98 ohv we have around as a spare car, so I've been giving that a little love. Hopefully next week I can dig back into the coupe full force.

Oldskool and I did have a chance to take it out over the weekend to continue diagnosing it's attitude problems, are still sort of beating our heads against as well. It pulls a little better, but nowhere like it should. Almost acts like it's pulling timing, though it isn't. KR is in check, temps are in check. We tried a few different things..pushed in alot of extra timing which yielded only a tiny increase, we practically turned off the knock sensor and it still felt no different with no reactivity there, etc. Of course, we realize there will be a slight difference between this and the L61 with the smaller displacement/lower CR, but definitely not like this. I'm positive a bone stock SS/SC would currently rape the car.
    I have my reserves with the LD9 pcm, seems to be hit and miss how it works out for people. I'm going to hit the local junkyard tomorrow where I know they have a few Eco cavs that just came in, so I'm going to grab an eco harness and toss that in quickly, have Ryan flash on my old tune with a few adjustments, and just see what it does. My old tune was spot on..car pulled like a beast, not a speck of knock to menton, etc. So if a new harness works, I'm just going to stick with the eco harness for the time being so I can enjoy the car for the summer, then get back to a tuning solution over winter. I'm watching Pj's progress on using a p12 pcm, and depending how that goes for him, that may be my next consideration.

If an eco harness doesn't fix her, then I guess it's back to the drawing board...

KGM Ringleader

'04 Cavalier coupe - LK9 swapped and supercharged - PARTING OUT!
    '04 Cavalier sedan - Daily Driver Tank
    '12 Hyundai Elantra - Wifey's Daily
    '78 Corvette - New Project - Restomod in progress!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Evilution For This Useful Post:

Scottie_D (05-29-2013)

4. Top | #15
    Old Dirty Dog Member
    Last Online
    06-16-2017 @ 11:49 PM
    Thanks
    One upside to the P12 PCM swap for the supercharged guys is that you can run the LS4 TB. I just dont know if i can give up my cable throttle. I like knowing that there is no computer between me and my TB that might think that it knows more than me.

I vote MS.

L61/TVS - 3.1", LS1 tb, RD Fabs header, 63#, HPT

5. Top | #16
    Old Dirty Dog Member
    Last Online
    06-11-2017 @ 03:25 AM
    Thanks
    MicroSquirt would work quite well.

6. Top | #17
    Old Dirty Dog Member
    Last Online
    Thanks
    One upside to the P12 PCM swap for the supercharged guys is that you can run the LS4 TB. I just dont know if i can give up my cable throttle. I like knowing that there is no computer between me and my TB that might think that it knows more than me.

I vote MS.
    Tinkles Quoted Post
    Yeah that is about the only thing I don't like about the p12 swap is the drive by wire deal.

In other news, I picked up my modded thermo housing today. I lobbed off the corner before I sent it to the shop to clear the shift cable bracket, and had them weld in a piece of tubing to close it up. Inside still has plenty of room so it shouldn't effect flow at all. Hopefully I'll get this swapped on this weekend.

KGM Ringleader

7. Top | #18
    Last Online
    03-09-2015 @ 10:27 AM
    Thanks
    Ever consider Lexus Glacier Frost Mica for the color?

8. Top | #19
    Old Dirty Dog Member
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Ever consider Lexus Glacier Frost Mica for the color?
    BlkNBlu Quoted Post
    Not since I already bought a gallon of BMW sterling grey lol.

I do like the glacier frost, but its more of a white base to it, I've been set on a dark grey for a while, and when I found the BMW color I fell in love with it.
    Last edited by Evilution; 06-01-2013 at 04:50 PM.

KGM Ringleader

9. Top | #20
    Senior Citizen Member
    Last Online
    06-11-2017 @ 04:34 PM
    Thanks
    It's actually more of a grey base, almost primer grey and it color changes to the color if the sky.

I painted my wife's super white Tc this color after I repaired hail damage and she hated it because it was too grey and ink white on really sunny days.

Needless to say she doesn't have it anymore, I thought it was cool but not on a cavy/sunfire

Black, Blue and Blown

10. Top | #21
    Senior Citizen Member
    Last Online
    06-11-2017 @ 04:34 PM
    Thanks
    Here is in the shade

And in the sun

It looked good at night just so so in the day lol

Black, Blue and Blown

11. Top | #22
    Old Dirty Dog Member
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Oh wow, that's even lighter than I thought..I was picturing more of a light slate.

In other news, I tore down the old L61 block from last year because it was too damn hot in the garage to work on the car. If anyone needs a good crank, rods, or 3 good pistons, let me know, it all goes cheap!

KGM Ringleader

12. Top | #23
    Old Dirty Dog Member
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Haven't had the time to do anything with the car this week, but since the weather was nice today I thought she could use some fresh air. Tinkles was in the area to do some tuning with Oldskool, so we met up beforehand to snap a few pics of our once twins..

KGM Ringleader

13. Top | #24
    EF Premium Member
    Last Online
    02-26-2016 @ 08:29 PM
    Thanks
    stock TVS...psh..whatever...yeah if you wanna have just as much power as a modded M62..thats just lame.

04 2dr 5spd daily driver.
    "100,000 Sperm And You Were The Fastest?"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast