Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuzzy's '08 WRX Awesomesauce Build

1. Top | #13
    Osirus of this S**t
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:45 PM
    Thanks
    On the Beretta site there is a guy that runs his car on the 1/4. He pulls his engine apart every year. He found that the bearings had damage when using a crank pulley without a rubber ring. Others have said they have had no problems and have had one on for years. They don't check their engines though.
    It's kind of a race only or use at your own risk.
    More humans=more problems
    Don't worry nothing will be done until it's too late, there is money to be made.
    Maximum profit and overpopulation will ruin all the major economies.

2. Top | #14
    Authorized Vendor
    Last Online
    04-26-2016 @ 08:37 AM
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: slowcavld9 PSN ID: mdz24cavalier
    There are WAY more 2.3/2.4 people that are running after market crank pulleys, and never had any bearing issues. A lot of my buddies are also running non-dampened pulleys on their WRXs and STi's and have never had an issue.

My crank pulley has been on my engine for well over 70,000 miles without an issue. I use to drag race my cavalier an absolute ton. I'm talking like 2000-2500 passes. Ron seibenick races WAY more than I do, adn has never had a problem with bearings from non dampened pulleys. Anyway, sorry to derail your post a little.

Also Grimmspeed does make some sweet products! I know there FR-S oil cap is killer!

3. Top | #15
    Forum Overlord
    Last Online
    02-27-2014 @ 12:44 AM
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheFuzzyPengui PSN ID: TheFuzzyPengui
    I've looked for some info on it and don't see anything Subaru wise that would lead me to believe that I should have problems with the pulley - thanks for the heads up though, that was definitely something I hadn't heard of before and I'm glad you brought it up so I could look for it and see if it was the case with Subies as well.

No problem in de-railing a little - it's all in the name of info and education. It could depend on specific applications or specific brands being used with specific brands causing the issue or not causing the issue, but like I said I'm glad it was brought up.

UPS man just left here so I had to unpack what he brought me! I really wish it wasn't snowing and that warmer weather would get here soon

I know some of the items are in bags still so the pictures aren't that great, but I didn't feel like taking them out since they're going to be sitting for another month or so before I start putting stuff together in hopes that it helps keep out some moisture and general dirt/dust.

The FMIC is is PRISTINE condition for being used. I count maybe half a dozen bent fins, and none of them are pinched so they're easily fixable. The one pipe does have a big 'gouge' out of it from where it was rubbing (although the metal is still intact so there isn't an actual hole). I'm either going to have to have a new piece made or figure out a way to beefen it back up because I can see it giving out (especially if it rubs on my car for some reason). I'll post some more pictures later when I can clean up the piping a bit, but it's going to go off for powder coating (99% sure it will be black), and the couplers with it are black as well. I'm strongly considering having the core coated black as well if I can figure out what it is that Racer X uses on the ones he sends out coated as his coat doesn't affect the thermal efficiency of the FMIC at all.

I'm so super excited to have this stuff here. I wish I could have gotten the intake and a few other things on my list, but all in time. College loans are more of a priority than my car, so just buying a few things here and there as I can afford it.
    Last edited by thefuzzypenguin; 02-19-2013 at 02:59 PM.

4. Top | #16
    Osirus of this S**t
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:45 PM
    Thanks
    Best looking pulley I've ever seen. The testing was done a 60 degree V6, so that might be part of it.
    More humans=more problems
    Don't worry nothing will be done until it's too late, there is money to be made.
    Maximum profit and overpopulation will ruin all the major economies.

5. Top | #17
    Nitrous Guru
    Last Online
    06-17-2016 @ 08:24 PM
    Thanks
    You ruined a perfectly good car by driving it, buddy.

6. Top | #18
    Forum Overlord
    Last Online
    02-27-2014 @ 12:44 AM
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheFuzzyPengui PSN ID: TheFuzzyPengui
    You ruined a perfectly good car by driving it, buddy.
    Vitamin E Quoted Post
    Aww - that's sad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12