Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Evilution's 2011 (Winning and Whining)

1. Top | #1
    Old Dirty Dog Member
    Last Online
    11-13-2014 @ 08:30 AM
    Thanks

Evilution's 2011 (Winning and Whining)

Ok, my car has been basically a work in progress for years. I couldn't really decide what direction to go in for some time, so I ended up going through more than several body kits, interior changes, etc. I kinda lost interest in it a little over a year ago and just spent my time helping other ORG members with their projects. This past fall I decided to get it together and finally get the car finished as something I can enjoy and get some more road time out of than I have been.

I have a little body work to be done, just some little dents here and there, need some new fenders as mine are warped to sh!t. Also need to track down some LSS skirts. The end goal will be a M62 charged LE61..I started building the LE61 over the winter, I have the block ready to go, but still have some misc things I need to purchase for the head (valve springs, new seals, HG, etc). I was going to finish the motor build before throwing on the blower, but now that the nice weather is here I'd really like to just be able to drive and enjoy the car for a bit. Over the next few weeks I'm going to finish the body work, repaint, and install the blower. I'll finish the motor build in my spare time, then towards the end of the season when I'm ready to park her for the winter, I'll swap motors and get ready to pulley down.

First off, a new exhaust was needed. Up to now it was all stock except for a fart can. I'm now running a Pacesetter LSJ header, Mustang GT cat (I think it was taken from a 03 or 04), 16" resonator, Dynomax Superturbo muffler, and 2.5" stainless steel pipe. I'm happy with the sound now, has a nice low rumble, no raspiness, and once I'm up to crusing speed you'd barely even know I have an aftermarket setup. I'll see how that changes once the blower is on, I may be looking into a better resonator then.

This past weekend, I ripped out my old interior and started swapping in the new. I pulled the old carpet to throw into my beater, and replaced it with the carpet from Oldskool's old cav, which I dyed black, along with his seats. I also pulled pretty much of his interior, mainly the entire dash, pillar covers, etc. Everything has been dyed satin black. I want everything to look subtle and close to stock, rather than the flashy red/black combo the car currently had.

Old interior (which looks like it was made by a 16 year old after watching Fast & Furious):

And the new interior!

The only thing staying remotely the same is the bezel with the 3 gauge pods, except it will be repainted to match. I shaved the cig lighter today and did some touch up body work, hopefully I'll get some paint on tomorrow and some pics up of it.

Rat's nest of wiring I started pulling through and cleaning up for the gauges. I'm making everything plug and play. I'm making one harness that will power and ground all 3 gauges and the radio, one end I used an old sensor connector to clip to the ignition hot wire I tapped out of the multifunction switch, and all the gauges will just plug into the other ends. I still have some cleaning up and looming to do:

Here's the AEM wideband, no install pics, as I assume everyone know what an installed o2 sensor looks like:

Pacesetter LSJ header, soda blasted off the armor coat and had it redone in a satin black ceramic coat. I'm by no means building a show car, but this time around I'm paying a little more attention to asthetics and having everything flow well together:

And re-coated and installed:

M62 kit. I have a few loose ends to track down before I can install, mainly a few bolts and a resevoir for the h/e system. Which by they way, if anyone happens to have the m8-m6 mani to head studs that came in the gmpp kit an you'd like to get rid of them, please let me know! Otherwise I'll probably be picking up some shouldered bolts.
    Blower currently has a 2.8 pulley on it, but I'll be throwing on a smoothflow 3.1 for now.

The huge baby eating LS1 TB:

Tinkle's TB adapter and harness:

Seimens-Deka 60# injectors:

I have a few more pics of the parts pile, motor, and some progress from the last few days to post, but those will have to wait, I have a Phillies game to get to!

C&C Welcome!

KGM Ringleader

'04 Cavalier coupe - LK9 swapped and supercharged - PARTING OUT!
    '04 Cavalier sedan - Daily Driver Tank
    '12 Hyundai Elantra - Wifey's Daily
    '78 Corvette - New Project - Restomod in progress!

2. Top | #2
    Super Moderator
    Last Online
    10-06-2016 @ 01:52 AM
    Thanks
    Good plan you have laid out there.

The number of M62 upgrades in the works on the forum is looking nice.

Nothing is difficult; some things just take more time.
    TAKE TO EXTREMES AND DOMINATE!

3. Top | #3
    Administrator
    Last Online
    04-20-2017 @ 02:04 PM
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: L61Turbo
    looks good man can't wait to see this sucka run.

Jarrod Class - Owner/Administrator of ECOTECForum
    Like us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter
    My build Thread

4. Top | #4
    Senior Citizen Member
    Last Online
    02-21-2017 @ 11:16 AM
    Thanks
    interesting build . do you have any vids of the exhaust? im trying to decide on some new possible mufflers (thats right i run the fake dual ). if not thats fine

5. Top | #5
    EF Premium Member
    Last Online
    03-01-2015 @ 02:50 AM
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrazyFoo328
    looks awesome! i wish i had a supercharger lol

6. Top | #6
    Like Father, Like Son
    Last Online
    12-18-2012 @ 05:30 PM
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AdamNJHK
    Looks like a good project.

7. Top | #7
    6 liters of fury
    Last Online
    08-29-2013 @ 10:32 PM
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EXOR IMADreamer PSN ID: I don't want my credit info stolen Wii Code: WEEEEEEEE
    nice solid project. Glad to see it coming together for you. Keep us posted.
    http://www.infinite-garage.com/
    C6 Vette LS3 powered. With added excellence! 618 RWHP Pfadt coil overs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt bushing/bearing kit, Z diff with 3.90s, small nitrous shot
    Cobalt SS SC 268 Fwhp
    2002 Camaro SS forged, sprayed, and stripped 702 RWHP. You are sorely missed.
    Hey,asshole.How dare you put me down for owning a cobalt.I see that you own one too.You are a fucking hypocrit.
    bradhohio

8. Top | #8
    Old Dirty Dog Member
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!

@Blackcavnoob25 - I don't have any video as of yet, but I can try and grab some this weekend. I can tell you it's a world of difference as far as volume and tone with this combo. Idle has a nice low rumble to it, still gets a bit loud but not overbearing when you get on it, and once I hit a crusing RPM it dies down to where you can barely tell it's not stock. Very please with this system.

Ok, on to more pics!!

L61 head and +1mm SS valves I got off of Oldskool, which was part of his le61 build. Head is already cut for the +1 valves, I'll be doing a bit of porting before running it. This will be mated with my LE5 block. Head was a bit dirty from a leaking valve seal, so I stopped everything down and gave a good soak and scrub with some Castrol Superclean Degreaser, which I definitely recommend. Very good stuff.
    Before cleaning:

And after just a soak in degreaser. Still need to scrub a bit.

Degreased on top of pic, dirty on bottom:

Motor will be a L61/Le5 hybrid. 2006 le5 bottom end with forged internals, mildly ported l61 head with +1mm SS valves, Supertech 78lb springs, Comp Stage 3 Cams, stock le5 head gasket. I have pretty much everything in my posession except for the valvesprings and HG. Head still needs porting. I'm mostly likely putting this on the back burner til fall. I just want to get the blower on the car and tuned so I can enjoy the car and get some drive time for the summer. The le61 swap will be a good project to keep me out of trouble during the winter, lol.

Can you tell me what's missing in this photo??

If you said the bolt that should be holding the dogbone to the subframe, then you are correct. I have no idea how long I've been driving without it, or how it worked it's way out, but it's a disturbing thought, lol. Luckily Ryan saved my ass and had a spare, so I'm going to be loc-titing the ever loving sh!t out of this one.

Also threw in the repainted bezel...not sure if I'm going to stick with this, I was originally just going to do satin black, and I had some purple pearl sitting around so I figured I'd shoot a little and see how it looks. It's a bit more subtle in person, I guess the flash really brings out the purple:

Wideband installed, all gauge wiring finished and ready to plug and play...now I play the waiting with Fed Ex for my boost gauge, lol

Plans for tomorrow are to finish the sway bar (have to pick up new bushings for the shackles, the ones I got a slightly too small outside diameter and allows the bushing to move a little in the shackle), install K brace, get the suspension at a even height front to back, and hopefully get the rest of the interior in (still need to reinstall rear seat belts, bolt down back seats, center console, hide wiring in the trunk, etc). Saturday I'm going to start on the battery relocate, and start prepping the motor bay to freshen up the paint.
    Last edited by Evilution; 05-06-2011 at 01:09 AM.

KGM Ringleader

9. Top | #9
    Official Forum Whore Array scorpio1's Avatar
    Last Online
    05-12-2014 @ 05:52 AM
    East Missoula, Montana, United States, 109253392427710, East Missoula, Montana
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bigcavidaddy01
    SO much win in here.
    http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1037&dateline=1180516081

10. Top | #10
    6 liters of fury
    Last Online
    08-29-2013 @ 10:32 PM
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EXOR IMADreamer PSN ID: I don't want my credit info stolen Wii Code: WEEEEEEEE
    damn, love the molded pods in the dash. so nicely done.
    http://www.infinite-garage.com/
    C6 Vette LS3 powered. With added excellence! 618 RWHP Pfadt coil overs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt bushing/bearing kit, Z diff with 3.90s, small nitrous shot
    Cobalt SS SC 268 Fwhp
    2002 Camaro SS forged, sprayed, and stripped 702 RWHP. You are sorely missed.
    Hey,asshole.How dare you put me down for owning a cobalt.I see that you own one too.You are a fucking hypocrit.
    bradhohio

11. Top | #11
    Senior Citizen Member
    Last Online
    02-21-2017 @ 11:16 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info, looking forward to some more updates!

12. Top | #12
    Old Dirty Dog Member
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Progress!

Eibach front bar is in, subframe is re-attached, and the car is back on the ground. I pieced together the hardware kit for the front sway bar, turns out 97-01 Integra Si's use a 26mm D bushing, so I grabbed a set of those. Just had to trim down the stock shackle a bit to accomodate the bushing, as Energy Suspension bushings have a slight lip on the edges. I didn't want to buy a separate endlink kit since the D bushings came with endlink bushings, so I grabbed some 5.5" bolts, and used a threaded coupler as a spacer. I cut down the couples a bit shorter than what would have come with the Eibach kit to put a little more preload on the bar.

I was hoping to have everything put back into the motor bay (intake, battery, fuel rail, etc) but I figured while I had everything pulled apart it was a good opportunity to clean things up a bit. I cleaned up and color matched my spare fuel rail, took some measurements for the new injector harness (I'll be moving the harness out of the way when the blower goes on), and went to town with degreaser...scrubbed any part of the head thats visible to clean up the oxidation, removed the bracket that hangs under the master cylinder that I think something cruise control related normally sits on, and then decided I should work on the strut towers. They've gotten pretty scratched up over the years, so I scuffed everything up, and shot some primer. Tomorrow I'm hoping to to block it out, and while I'm at it I'm going to shave the little "dimples" that around the towers from the spot welds.

I also have some subtle changes to make, but those will happen over time. I wan to switch out alot of bolts with black ones (valve cover bolts, fuel rail bolts, anything clearly visible), swap out the the hard fuel lines for braided stainless, and relocate some wiring to help clean up the bay a little. I hate clutter, and J's seem to be full of it!

And I got 95% of the interior back in. The only thing that is really left is to pull out the door panels and reinish/match those (they are still sporting the old graphite/red theme):

Hopefully more updates tomorrow.

KGM Ringleader

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast