Thread: Request for picture of the LNF turbo

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-29-2012 @ 11:17 PM
    Thanks

Request for picture of the LNF turbo

I tried searching on google for some good turbo pics of a LNF but I just get pictures that are far away.

What im looking for is pictures of the K04 turbo itself mainly where the oil and coolant lines go on the turbo, so i can know im setting up mine correctly, also if anyone can tell me what is the sensor the is connected to the vaccum hoses on the turbo?

*MODS LIST*
    Cosmo Racing SRI System, Vibrant Front STB & Rear STB, KYB All the way around w/ AG Springs 1.5", CA Underdrive light-weight Crank pulley, TorqFlo Trans cooler, Full A/C Delete, Ploy stab & Frame bushing, Ploy Control Arm Bushing, TTR Upper Motor Mount, Trifecta Tuned by Scott, 17" Drag DR-8 w/ Kuhmo Ecsta SPT, Light-weight reduction, 10,000 HID KIT, Front Drill/Slottered rotors

2. Top | #2
    Like Father, Like Son
    Last Online
    12-18-2012 @ 05:30 PM
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AdamNJHK
    http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/g...NF_SKY_LoR.jpg

Thats the only one I can find. Are you trying to find out which way to clock the turbo? For your car, understand that you don't have to run both oil and coolant. You can run oil only and you may have to just plug the ports on the K04 if it in fact uses coolant as well as oil.

Was there a particular reason you're wanting to use the K04? Do you know the flange style of it?

3. Top | #3
    Old Dirty Dog Member Array J-Daddy's Avatar
    Last Online
    10-16-2011 @ 06:50 PM
    Ferndale, Washington, United States, 113846381962233, Ferndale, Washington
    Thanks
    lol, i seriously cant see the turbo... are the factory ones really that small?

LE5 Intake manifold, AEM cold air/filter, LSJ injectors, Header back 2.5" exhaust, Racetronix FP, and of course - HP Tuned.

4. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-29-2012 @ 11:17 PM
    Thanks
    http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/g...NF_SKY_LoR.jpg

Thats the only one I can find. Are you trying to find out which way to clock the turbo? For your car, understand that you don't have to run both oil and coolant. You can run oil only and you may have to just plug the ports on the K04 if it in fact uses coolant as well as oil.

Was there a particular reason you're wanting to use the K04? Do you know the flange style of it?
    no i was just looking to see how the lines run cause its the stock Ko4 from a 09 ss/tc and i can only run with the oil but if i was to run coolant too wouldn't make the turbo alot cooler just asking from what i was understanding is i would have to run oil and coolant (so my friend says), but we could be mistaken

and i was wanting to go with a gt28 but a friend of mine upgraded his turbo and gave me a good deal on his old one it also comes with the bigger spring and has a rebuilt kit installed on it and yeah the 5 bolt flange i already have a shop that is going to be making the exhaust set up on my car

and the turbo is a medium size one, but i seen that pic a million times and i wish they would of took a whole overview pic of the motor w/ turbo

*MODS LIST*
    Cosmo Racing SRI System, Vibrant Front STB & Rear STB, KYB All the way around w/ AG Springs 1.5", CA Underdrive light-weight Crank pulley, TorqFlo Trans cooler, Full A/C Delete, Ploy stab & Frame bushing, Ploy Control Arm Bushing, TTR Upper Motor Mount, Trifecta Tuned by Scott, 17" Drag DR-8 w/ Kuhmo Ecsta SPT, Light-weight reduction, 10,000 HID KIT, Front Drill/Slottered rotors

5. Top | #5
    Like Father, Like Son
    Last Online
    12-18-2012 @ 05:30 PM
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AdamNJHK
    no i was just looking to see how the lines run cause its the stock Ko4 from a 09 ss/tc and i can only run with the oil but if i was to run coolant too wouldn't make the turbo alot cooler just asking from what i was understanding is i would have to run oil and coolant (so my friend says), but we could be mistaken

and i was wanting to go with a gt28 but a friend of mine upgraded his turbo and gave me a good deal on his old one it also comes with the bigger spring and has a rebuilt kit installed on it and yeah the 5 bolt flange i already have a shop that is going to be making the exhaust set up on my car

and the turbo is a medium size one, but i seen that pic a million times and i wish they would of took a whole overview pic of the motor w/ turbo
    HouTexRiders Quoted Post
    I know you're getting a good deal on this turbo but for all the work that you're putting into trying to switch to a turbocharger setup, why not go with a VERY common T3 bolt style turbocharger. Say something happens to your K04...now you have to hunt down another one? You told me previously that you wanted to upgrade from here...lets face it, the better turbochargers aren't 5 bolt...they're 4 bolt T3 style patterns for the flanges. On top of that, if you actually bought a GT series from Garrett or one from Turbonetics, you'd see that you have option for both coolant and oil. Trying to convert some type of setup from your car to use coolant into your turbocharger isn't ideal. Its more ideal for cars that are setup that way from the factory. Using oil only is perfectly fine.

6. Top | #6
    Osirus of this S**t
    Last Online
    10-17-2013 @ 04:52 PM
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: skunk0401
    You won't get the results that the LNF gets with the k04. The LNF runs much leaner than any of the other ecotecs. k04 will probably yield the same results as say the saab turbo on a L61. Something else you might be forgetting, the LNF has variable cam timing. Another thing that helps it achieve some the the outstanding stock turbo hp numbers that they are getting. 350whp is rumored to be possible, but 320-330 has been hit multiple times. I see a max of about 250whp with a k04 on any other ecotec than the LNF.
    4 Cams + 32 Valves + 8 Cylinders + 5.0 Liters = .