Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: p1133 code, went away, then flashing CEL HELPS!!!!

1. Top | #1
    6 liters of fury
    Last Online
    08-29-2013 @ 10:32 PM
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EXOR IMADreamer PSN ID: I don't want my credit info stolen Wii Code: WEEEEEEEE

p1133 code, went away, then flashing CEL HELPS!!!!

Ok the other day I was driving along minding my own business when the car stuttered twice under light acceleration, but no code came on. I went to work and came out 8 hours later drove home and about a block from my house a CEL came on. It was the p1133 which is the Ho2 sensor. Well the next morning it was gone and stayed gone for a couple days. Today I was able to check out some things to see if there were any loose connections and I didn't see any and everything checked out good.

Well all was going well on the way home and then I pulled out on the highway and had to give it some healthy throttle. So first gear went find but second didn't feel strong but then it kicked in all the sudden. Kinda like turbo lag. I let off because I knew something was up and then the CEL started flashing but then went off. I used some moderate acceleration to get up to the speed limit but it was like some pulsing or stuttering. Then once I got it into fifth gear it smoothed out and ran fine the rest of the way home.

HELP! WTF is wrong with my car and how do I fix it??

In case you need to know mods are the shitty ZZP header/dp combo, it's catted. RD Fab intake, 42lb injectors, ported and polished SC, 3 inch pulley, tuned by me and according to the wideband the tune is spot on.
    http://www.infinite-garage.com/
    C6 Vette LS3 powered. With added excellence! 618 RWHP Pfadt coil overs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt bushing/bearing kit, Z diff with 3.90s, small nitrous shot
    Cobalt SS SC 268 Fwhp
    2002 Camaro SS forged, sprayed, and stripped 702 RWHP. You are sorely missed.
    Hey,asshole.How dare you put me down for owning a cobalt.I see that you own one too.You are a fucking hypocrit.
    bradhohio

2. Top | #2
    Like Father, Like Son
    Last Online
    12-18-2012 @ 05:30 PM
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AdamNJHK
    It almost sounds like your cat is clogged...the stuttering, the O2 sensor flashing...thats what I'm thinking.

3. Top | #3
    Official Forum Whore
    Last Online
    05-14-2011 @ 01:10 PM
    Thanks
    Flashing CEL is always a misfire in real time. No other conditions will lead to a flashing CEL other than misfiring because damage to the catverter and possibly a fire can result.

Now, with that said, there are a number of factors that can lead to misfiring.

These are my new brake guys. Would you let them work on your car?

http://www.myspace.com/froggy81500

4. Top | #4
    Crazy Moderator
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Thanks
    Didn't you have this trouble a few months back? have you had any trouble with exhaust leaks? one of the things that can cause this code is a leak close enough to teh sensor that it fails its test, then it could possibly screw with your fuel/timing to try and compensate for what its thinks is something wrong.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/Cinpro/jokercopy2.jpg

It's not what you buy,it's what you build!

5. Top | #5
    6 liters of fury
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EXOR IMADreamer PSN ID: I don't want my credit info stolen Wii Code: WEEEEEEEE
    I had a leak a few months back that I got fixed quickly. I don't think I have another but I don't know. Ok so we know I had a misfire today. Thanks Froggy. I'll check again for leaks tomorrow. Any other thoughts? What could have caused the misfire? What about Adam's thought about the cat? Could it just be as simple as the o2 sensor taking a dump?
    C6 Vette LS3 powered. With added excellence! 618 RWHP Pfadt coil overs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt bushing/bearing kit, Z diff with 3.90s, small nitrous shot
    Cobalt SS SC 268 Fwhp
    Hey,asshole.How dare you put me down for owning a cobalt.I see that you own one too.You are a fucking hypocrit.
    bradhohio

6. Top | #6
    Official Forum Whore
    Last Online
    Thanks
    pull the codes to see what misfire code(s) are stored. P0300 is a multiple misfire and doesn't specify any particular cylinder. However, P030X, where X is the cylinder number, does tell you if there is a problem at a particular cylinder. If you do get any codes pointing at a particular cylinder, then some things to check into obviously would be the spark plug and possibly the fuel injector.

Keep in mind a misfire is not always ignition related, even though I was always under the misconception that it was.

7. Top | #7
    6 liters of fury
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

It's the po300 code. Of course. lol

To the best of my ability I can not find any exhaust leaks today. Just wanted to throw that out there.
    Last edited by IMADreamer; 07-01-2009 at 10:20 AM.
    Cobalt SS SC 268 Fwhp
    bradhohio

8. Top | #8
    6 liters of fury
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

bump for hopefully some more help.
    Cobalt SS SC 268 Fwhp
    bradhohio

9. Top | #9
    Official Forum Whore
    Last Online
    Thanks
    When my ICM went bad, I was firing off on only 2 cylinders. The only code that came up for me was the same, P0300. Take a look at all 4 plugs and note which cylinder looks like what. If you notice anything strange, that may require further looking at those particular cylinders. Its a place to start off for now.

10. Top | #10
    6 liters of fury
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

When my ICM went bad, I was firing off on only 2 cylinders. The only code that came up for me was the same, P0300. Take a look at all 4 plugs and note which cylinder looks like what. If you notice anything strange, that may require further looking at those particular cylinders. Its a place to start off for now.
    froggy81500 Quoted Post
    I am swapping plugs after work tonight so I'll report back with my findings.
    Cobalt SS SC 268 Fwhp
    bradhohio

11. Top | #11
    6 liters of fury
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Gamer IDs

Ok I took some pictures of my plugs.

Cobalt SS SC 268 Fwhp
    bradhohio

12. Top | #12
    Crazy Moderator
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Thanks
    those are fine
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/Cinpro/jokercopy2.jpg

It's not what you buy,it's what you build!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast